-----

-----

September 18, 2012

Mom's Cheesy Potatoes

Yesterday was Taylor's birthday. We celebrated his birthday Saturday with gifts and dinner, then he got his cake last night. I will be posting about his Snickers Cheesecake within the next week or so. :)

We had such a great time Saturday. I decided to do this gift every hour idea I found on Pinterest. So he opened up a gift every hour on the 24 minute mark. One of his 'early' presents was a new watch. It worked out perfect and made me laugh because it seemed like every hour on the 24 mark he would look at his watch and ask for his next gift. It was sweet!! :)
I love you Taylor Brown!

That evening I made him his birthday steak dinner with asparagus and my mom's cheesy potatoes [which is the recipe I'll be sharing today]. Taylor loves this meal. It is a high 10! ;) And can I just say, I am proud of myself for making this dish and not messing it up... my mom has been making these potatoes most of my years [we always had it with beer-can chicken.. Mmmm!] so, I was a little nervous they wouldn't turn out as good as hers, but they did!

Mom's Cheesy Potatoes

[Sorry in advance.. seemed that we were way too hungry and I forgot to take a finished picture of the potatoes... but you can kind of see them on the plate].

Ingredients
8 Hash brown patties
1 (16oz) sour cream
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1. Spray the bottom of a large glass Pyrex dish, then lay out the hash brown patties.











2. Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl, then spread over top of hash browns.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown.

Easy and enjoyable!!


Yummm!
My handsome birthday man <3 

1 comment:

  1. Looks good and we actually had the potatoes many times with steak, goes good with steak! Glad Tay enjoys them. Love you

    ReplyDelete