-----

-----

September 26, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore

A few posts back I made Pizzadillas with a Marinara sauce for dipping. Well, I sure didn't want to waste the sauce since we only used a tiny bit of it. So, I decided to make some chicken cacciatore. I had fun with this meal because I used whatever I had in the home. :) It turned out great and Taylor really liked it!

[Johnny, this dish is easy! Sense a theme? I think you could put this on before you leave for work and all you'd have to do once you're home from work is cook the pasta. Worth a try right?! Let me know what you think. Ps. This dish is even better the next day- big plus!]

Crock pot Chicken Cacciatore 

Ingredients

4-5 chicken tenders [You can use breasts, tenders is what I had]
Rest of Marinara Sauce [1 jar of Marinara Sauce]
1 [14.5 oz] can of diced tomatoes Italian seasoned
1/2 cup white cooking wine
2-3 small garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped red onion
dash of red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Kickin' Chicken Seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
Spaghetti
Parmesan Cheese, topping
Dried Parsley, garnish

How to:

 Add frozen chicken to your crock pot.
 Add Marinara sauce.
 Add diced tomatoes and cooking wine.

Add minced garlic, onion, and spices.

[Sorry I didn't take pictures after adding the garlic... Oops!]


Cook in crock pot on LOW for 6-8 hours. 


After it's cooked, shred the chicken with 2 forks before serving. 

 Plate w/ cheese and dried parsley.


ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment