-----

-----

September 14, 2012

Pizzadilla

This meal is super easy, quick to make, and loads of fun. Taylor and I had a great time in the kitchen making these "mini" pizzas/ quesadillas [pizzadillas]. They worked well for us as our meal, but they could also be a fast appetizer for when guests are over, or even a side dish for Sunday games?

[Johnny, this is another meal that you can make. Pizza is a mans dish. ;) And something that can be made veggie, and/or meaty, in a matter of minutes is a great dish to make, in my opinion. I hope you make this and find it simple and fun. :)]

Pizzadillas

Ingredients:

Soft tortillas
Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Pepperoni
1 small red onion, diced
1 small tomato, sliced
1 small green pepper, sliced
Jar of Marinara Sauce, for dipping






How to:

1. Spray the skillet with cooking spray.

2. Lay out tortilla and add desired amount of cheese.

3. Add veggies on one side.


[Let me just add, that was the best tomato I've ever tried! Heirloom tomatoes all the way people!]
4. Top with pepperoni [or choice of meat].

5. Fold in half. [I filled this one with too much stuff... you may want to either not stuff it as much or get bigger tortillas] :)

6. Flip and cook other side. Takes only a few minutes.



Mmmmmmm!!!!!



Cut into pieces and enjoy. Dip in marinara sauce.

ENJOY!!








I like this meal because it is so simple and you can really add whatever you'd like in it. I think a veggie pizzadilla with spinach and goat cheese sounds delicious! So many options!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yea this is a cool idea. I usually make individual pizzas "gour-met" :)
    I just use an 8 inch tortilla shell (low carb wrap). Typical toppings of choice, bake at 450 for 5-7 minutes depending on preference. Makes personal thin crust pizzas!
    One of the best I made was BBQ chicken pizza: 8" shell, spread BBQ sause of choice (hickory), cut up chicken into bite size pieces and spread on shell, add diced red onion, (peppers if you desire), add shredded smoked Gouda or mozzarella, and bake!
    So good!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete