-----

-----

August 12, 2013

TWO Months!

Can you believe it??? Our baby girl is 2 months old this past Saturday! NINE weeks old today.


The last 2 months have been such an amazing experience. Winnie has changed me. Changed us. Her joyfulness at such an early age leaks and leaks and reminds me every day of what God has done and is doing for us. She is our miracle baby and I will forever be grateful for her.


Over the last 2 months I have lost more hours of sleep than I ever imagined, and yet, feel more energized and full of life because of God's grace and blessing to me through our little girl. Every day I am reminded of how much I can love one tiny human. I think about how she is so dependent on me for her life... in every way possible. I am a round-the-clock mom who doesn't mind holding her baby when she cries and still feeds a few times during the night and rocks her to sleep and misses her the second I put her down. Yup. And I like it. Does it get hard? Yes. Am I exhausted? Most days. Do my arms hurt? Sometimes. But it's worth it. All of it!

There are days when I have to remember if I brushed my teeth or not. Where taking a shower or putting on makeup is a luxury. And getting to run an errand just at the right time so she isn't fussy while we're out makes me want to shout a big 'hallelujah'. When getting to the 4 day old laundry that's been sitting in the dryer means we wear wrinkled clothes for a little longer. When I get to stay through worship during church and actually listen/sing/be there, I am fed and so encouraged. Or when I hear bits and pieces of the message from the lobby or nursing moms room, I love how it seems to be just what I needed to hear. This is the life. This is my new normal. And I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. :)

Winnie is sprouting like a wild flower. Lately she has been trying to sit up on her own. I sometimes just gently push her back against the couch because it just looks painful- like she's doing an ab crunch. I hold her up and she stands strong. And sometimes I get a nice kick to my incision and I am reminded of her story- how much I love her story. She is holding her head up tall, sometimes wobbling it around. She is officially in her 0-3 month clothes, though I still put her newborn pants on her and call them capris. haha. She interacts with us. "Talks" to us more and more. Is starting to drool. And continually makes bubbles with her mouth. She loves getting baths and rocks mittens like no other. ;) Those nails are fierce. She laughs when I talk to her in funny voices through her stuffed squirrel Cole. And hasn't quite mastered holding her Jaundice ducky, but we're working on it.


At her 2 month check up she now weighs 12 lbs 10.5 ounces and 23.5 inches long. She got vaccinated via drops and 2 shots. I seriously think it's harder on mommy than it is on baby because that was tough. I wanted to burst into tears with her. I'm so proud of her. :) She is currently sleeping on me as I type this.... sweet snuggles. 


those eyes <3 
Oh and Winnie is a DADDY'S GIRL!!!! Who wouldn't be with a daddy like hers? Watching Taylor over the past 2 months has been life changing as well. Let me just say, I have fallen for him all over again! Since day 1 after her arrival to now, he continues to amaze me. Watching Winnie turn her head when he says "Hi it's daddy" or "Daddy's home" makes me want to cry with joy. He is so supportive and gentle and encouraging to both tired wife and tired baby, especially when he gets home from a long day at work. He comes home and holds his girl(s) tight and I melt. I absolutely adore seeing him play with Winnie and even more, being in the other room and listening to them both giggle. I am so thankful for a husband who sacrifices his time, money, luxuries, and sometimes even sleep on a work night- to be with his little girl or help me out. What a blessing! Thank you love, for everything! <3 



Here's a fun video of Taylor talking to Winnie about the Panthers and her cooing back. :)



We celebrated 2 months on Saturday with oatmeal smoothie making while daddy worked over-time. Then an afternoon resting before we headed off to the park to hang with our Community Group. We had a great day!

We are so blessed!!

Mommy and daddy love you little flower. You are a dream come true and we can't wait to do more of life with you. *hugs and kisses* 






4 comments:

  1. Tears in my eyes as I read this post, makes me think of all my precious times with my children (even the stressful ones were precious). Yes having a baby does change your life, every moment, and I'm so glad that you and Taylor are soaking it all up. It's funny how parents survive on half the sleep or interrupted sleep like never before and some things that mattered before really don't matter. Thank you Taylor for being such a wonderful, loving, and supportive father and husband. I know sometimes it's not easy for either of you but remember it's always worth it! I loved everything you wrote,such sweet words,and yes you are so blessed with Winnie and Taylor, and they are so blessed to have you too! Such great pictures and loved the video. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so awesome and wonderful. I still have tears so I may not spell everything right, but I will say that it is a blessing to read this and be encouraged by your love for one another and Winnie and what God is doing in your lives. You are a great testimony of His faithfulness and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am tearful too...God is so good! She IS a miracle baby and handpicked by the Father for YOU to mother and Taylor to father. His grace abounds!!! We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! :) God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete