-----

-----

March 18, 2013

Weekend with my mom & dad

This past weekend was quick and exhausting. More exhausting for my dad and Taylor because they were unloading the truck and loading a storage unit for us, with a ton of heavy furniture. Thank you again!!! 


Mom and dad drove up from Florida, bringing us some of grandma's stuff she has for us. We got a dining room set, bedroom set, lots of chairs, and some nick-knacks. I am excited to find a spot for each item. :)








We then took mom and dad to the Gibson Mill. Ever been there Charlotte folk? It is wonderful! Half of our furniture is from that place. We found a window mirror, some matching coasters to ones we got from my Great Aunt, and a dresser that we have a fun project for. :) A project Taylor is super excited about... will update on that at a later date. I love that Taylor enjoys DIY projects with me!!!

We enjoyed some short but sweet time with the Brown's. I love when both of our families are together.



First time mom & dad have seen my belly [in person] since I was 12 weeks!






We enjoyed fellowship, dinner out, lots of walking and moving things around, and rest all in a days time. We are blessed!! I love my parents and they are so kind to have made this trip. My mom will be here for a week the 1st of April. I am looking forward to our time together. :)


6 comments:

  1. Oh honey it was our pleasure and we were so happy to see you and Tay and your new home to be! We had a lot of fun,even having a storage unit Chick-fil-a lunch. We enjoyed going to the Mill, visiting Tay's family, watching that movie, and going out to dinner. It was a quick visit but so worth it! Looking forward to seeing you again in just 2 weeks. Love you so much!


    to go to the mill and out to dinner Thanks for posting the pictures, always such fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't know why my reply split like that, probably my error LOL

      Delete
    2. just showed Dad your blog post. He laughed when he saw the picture of us having our picnic lunch at the storage unit. He also thinks Gislele and I look like we could be sisters :) He told me to tell you hi and loves you and so glad we got to see you and Tay!

      Delete
  2. We LOVE your parents and were so glad you all took a few minutes to stop by...especially since it was such a whirlwind trip! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a blessing when "In-Laws or Out-Laws" become good friends!

    ReplyDelete