-----

-----

August 18, 2014

Our visit to Delaware. . .

This past week Taylor and I traveled separate ways, one to Denver for work, the other to Delaware for fun. Winnie and I missed him and wished he were with us. I'm so thankful for such a hard working husband who joyfully trains hard to be in a better position at work. Thank you, hun, for all you do. It doesn't go unnoticed. <3

Delaware was loud, a little bit of crazy, and lots of fun, as usual.

Winnie had her first plane ride and did great. She was all over me and partially all over the guy next to us, who was very understanding and nice. I can't complain a single bit. The only thing I would've done differently is changed her diaper just before we boarded because once we landed at BWI she peed and it went all over her, me, and the seat. Don't worry, I changed her and cleaned the seat... but forgot about it being all over me because it dried. Ha! Our airport/plane adventure didn't end there, but I'll get back to that.


Grandma & Bumpa with their granddaughters 


riding with Joey on the back deck :)
We went to the beach, which was fun and crazy all wrapped in one. Remember in my post a while back when we visited Charleston and I said Winnie was afraid of dry sand... not anymore. She was all over the place- fearless, running all over peoples towels and towards the water. So I was up with her playing and dipping her into the water every 5 minutes and chasing her around. Regardless, it was still nice being on the beach with my family, soaking in the sun.
SO MUCH CUTENESS!!!!!! 



Winnie spent some time swimming and playing with Bumpa. She adores him. Every time he would come home she would run to the gate and get really excited and wait for him to come pick her up. She also started saying Bumpa while we were there!! I love hearing her talk. :)


My sister and I got some time hanging out together, drinking coffee and shopping, kid free. It was wonderful! Winnie and Gianna got a lot of time playing together, and did really well, with the exception of some jealously on Winnie's side when mom was changing or holding Gianna. Obviously something we need to work on before January.  We also got a quick visit with Johnny, Trish, and Reagan. Short but sweet!!

One of Winnie's favorite spots: on Aunt Chrissy's lap :)
Notice Cami beside them. Haha.

I got to visit with my friend Kristen and her daughter Stella at the park. Winnie and Stella are way too adorable!!


Smelling the fake flowers Kristen
brought for the girls to play with.




Mom and I went to Funland at Rehobeth beach so Winnie could ride on rides, but I was too nervous to let her on some of them alone, so we stuck to the Merry-Go-Round. Winnie wasn't a huge fan of the horse going up and down once it started and had a death grip around my neck the whole time. I loved that. Her second time on it with mom they sat in the seat and Winnie had a ball.



Ice cream was a must!

Mom and I also got some much needed alone time together relaxing and getting pedicures. Thats our thing. And I'm so glad we do it every time we're together!!

Back to my airport story... Once it was time to head back to the airport to come home, my mom and dad drove me to the airport which took forever. There was a head-on collision on the Bay Bridge which backed up traffic for over 3 hours, causing me to miss my 1:50 flight. Thankfully I was able to get my flight switched to 8pm. We finally got across the bridge and eventually arrived at the airport. It was 3:00. Sadly mom and dad missed the wedding ceremony they were supposed to go to at 3, but made it to the reception! 

Winnie and I had 5 hours to wait in the airport then an 1.5 hour flight home. I prayed it would go well for her, especially since she missed her morning nap and only got about 30 minutes of sleep in the car. Here goes nothing... God was kind!! Winnie did AMAZING! She ran around the terminal like she owned the place and made all the noise in the world, and I let her. We were there for 5 hours remind you, and maybe 4 people were around us, so I didn't care if she was being loud one bit. Time to board I changed that diaper ;) and we stepped outside to get onto our itty bitty plane. Winnie did great, only cried maybe 3 different times for only a few seconds. Given the circumstances, she was an angel-child. Once we landed she fell asleep, typical. Then we got the stroller and bags and took the long walk to finally see Taylor!! We were thrilled to be home and with him again.



Our trip was a blast and we made lots of memories. Thanks mom and dad for having us! :)


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blog! We loved having you and Winnie, it was our pleasure! So glad that you were able to spend some time with everybody. Looking forward to our next visit. Love you!

    ReplyDelete