-----

-----

March 29, 2014

Cooking Bacon

Let me get right to the point. Bacon is amazing! I don't know anyone on this beautiful green Earth that doesn't agree. But one thing is certain, bacon can be a mess to cook. I have tried numerous ways to cook bacon and have officially found the best way. It's probably the easiest clean up too.

No longer do you need to cook bacon in the microwave in 3 minutes increments or make a greasy mess all over your stove trying to cook it in a pan.... from now on, cook your bacon in.the.oven. 

Here's how:

Line your bacon on an aluminum lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the oven then turn your oven to 400 degrees. Let the bacon and oven do their thing for about 15-20 minutes. Remove and place on a plate with paper towels to catch any extra grease.
DONE. ENJOY. YOUR WELCOME. :-)


I start the timer for 10 minutes and check it. Then I go to 7 minutes. Then 3 minutes. You do not have to do that.. Check it at 15 minutes and depending on how crispy or rare you want it remove them or keep cooking. I time mine like that depending on what I'm using the bacon for and because I want to make sure it's the perfect crispiness.

Note: These bacon pieces aren't very crispy..
that's because I was using it for another recipe the next day.
If you save your bacon grease just take one corner of the aluminum, open and pour it into your cup. Easy.  [I highly recommend saving it, especially to cook eggs. Mmm] And clean up is a breeze.

I hope this is helpful and makes your bacon experience that much better than before.


3 comments:

  1. and also, do you cover it with anything? I am just curious if the fat might get on the oven walls, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't cover it.. I am sure it's all over the oven, but I think it's okay.

      Delete