-----

-----

May 29, 2012

Our "See What You Can Find" Meal

Usually "SWYCF" appears on the menu at least once every week. It just happens.... usually on Sunday nights ;).

Recently, I made this dish which turned out to be delicious!!!! We were both so surprised and want to have it again. What I did was looked in the fridge and see what I have. Sounds easy, right? Well, sometimes it is and sometimes... it's not! But this time it worked out for our good :).

We had about half of a chicken breast left over, half of a green and red pepper, some onion, 1 tomato, and some pesto sauce. So, Taylor diced up all the veggies and I got creative. :) I'm really glad this worked out for us! haha. So I am going to try and make "measurements" of what we had and write it up so it's easy to understand.

FYI, I didn't know this was going to be so good. So, there aren't any pictures except of my bowl... after I started eating. But trust me, it is worth it! :) And how about we call this....

Chicken Orzo with Lemon Pesto Sauce



You will need:

1 cup Orzo pasta
leftover chicken [about half a breast, cut into pieces]
1/3 cup green pepper, chopped
1/3 cup red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 small garlic, minced
1 small Roma tomato, diced
1 Tbs Pine nuts
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
3 Tbs pesto sauce
6 Tbs lemon juice
2 Tbs butter
Salt & pepper, to taste

1. Chop the peppers, onion, garlic, tomato, and chicken. [Begin cooking Orzo, according to package directions]
2. In large sauce pan, melt butter. Add garlic and onions. Saute. [My favorite part, smells SO good!!]
3. Add peppers, tomatoes, & chicken to the pan. Saute about 5-7 minutes.
4. Add pesto and lemon juice. Stir well.
5. Drain Orzo and add to the pan. Stir.
6. Add Pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir well, until cheese is melted.


Enjoy!!



2 comments:

  1. I've never tried Lemon pesto sauce. Where did you find it? Sounds yummy!
    We love fun creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it up :) We had some pesto sauce in the fridge and some lemon juice. So I put a couple tablespoons of pesto sauce and a couple tablespoons of lemon juice and so for every 1 tbs of pesto I used 2 tbs lemon juice and it turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete