-----

-----

January 26, 2012

Dad's Steak Marinade









This is my dad [with sweet little Cami] and he makes some amazing steak!! So, I thought it was only right to share the ingredients he uses for his marinade with you. 









You will need:
1/2 cup EVOO
1/3 - 1/2 cup Soy sauce
a dash of red pepper flakes [more or less depending on your preference]
2 garlics, minced
salt
pepper

*My dad also adds red wine, but I did that once and used to much and it turned out nasty... so I just don't do that anymore. :) 
* You may add more or less of the ingredients depending on how many steaks you are marinating. 

1. Thaw steaks, then put the steaks in big zip lock baggie. 
2. After that, put all the ingredients in with the steak. 
3. Rub together, making sure to get all the ingredients on the surfaces of the steak. Then place in the fridge and let marinate for 3 hours or more. 
* My dad sometimes marinates steak for a few days, which makes it really flavorful!  :)
4. Grill it and enjoy! :)




I sometimes ask Taylor to rate the food I've made so that I know if I should keep making it or not. Steak is always a 10! :)




2 comments:

  1. Dad made your blog, how cute is that!
    First, it's marinade and marinated and I don't think Dad ever marinated a steak for more than 2 days, but if kept in the refrig it can't hurt.
    We also marinade in a zip-lock bag. We now usually use minced garlic in the jar (it lasts forever in the refrig.) a spoonful on each side of the steak. We also have tried many cuts of steak and now only get sirloin, which we have cut 1 l/2 " thick, it's best for grilling. Glad Taylor enjoys the steak.
    By the way, I like the picture you picked, so cute of Cami with Daddy's hat on, which Dad has on now ofcourse! LOL....Love ya <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I'm Mom not "anonymous" but guess to dumb to know what profile to select

    ReplyDelete