-----

-----

May 4, 2012

Pork with Lemon Orzo

This meal... can someone say, winner?!! :) It was delicious. The pork is as easy as 123! [Seriously, you just stick it in the oven]. And the Lemon Orzo [originally from Food Network] is also so easy, and cooks in 15 minutes. My suggestion is letting the pork cook for a full 45 minutes before you even start with the orzo, and by the time the pork is done, the orzo will be done. Timing is everything :). Best past is Taylor really liked the pork/orzo combination, which makes me so glad! ;)

Pork


I bought a small pork from Walmart...

Garlic Onion flavored. Mmmmm!

Cook according to the package directions.

[Watch an episode of Robin Hood and then you're ready to cook the orzo. ;)]

Make sure to check the temp in the center of the pork to be sure it's cooked all the way through.

Thanks lovey! 













Lemon Orzo


Ingredients

1 cup Orzo
2 tbs Olive Oil
1 tsp dried mint [I used 2 tsp fresh mint]
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
2 strips lemon zest [I did 2 tsp lemon zest instead of strips]
2 scallions, chopped
1 lemon, juice

1. Bring 2 1/2 cups water to boil. Add 1 cup orzo. Bring to simmer.

2. Add olive oil, mint, salt, paprika, and lemon zest to the pot. Let simmer, stirring occasionally.

3. Once orzo is cooked, about 12-15 minutes, remove from heat and let cool.




4. Add in juice of lemon...

[My suggestion is not using too much juice. I would even go as far as telling you to do only half of the lemon. But try 1 whole lemon and next time do half, if it was too much. Either way it's delicious!]










.. then scallions. Stir together.


ENJOY!!











What to do with all  those leftover scallions?? 



Rinse and chop scallions.
Dry in a paper towel.










Place them in a freezer bag or an empty water bottle. [Mark date & item on bag or bottle]

Freeze and use within 6 months.







I've used an old water bottle before and that worked well. I am doing a freezer bag to see which I prefer better. I'll let ya know!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if I could find GF orzo! This looks amazing too. I love the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds delicous! good idea bout the onions
    love ya

    ReplyDelete