-----

-----

May 9, 2012

Ramen Slaw

A few months ago I got my wisdom teeth out and was craving Ramen noodles during that time. So, my amazing husband went to the store and came home with a 12 pack of Ramen! haha - he is so sweet!  I only ended up eating 1 pack though... so we have a lot of Ramen noodles taking up space in our pantry. So, I recently made this Ramen Noodle Slaw as a side dish to a BBQ meal. I made it for our Care Group dinner, and it was a hit. I get nervous sometimes not knowing if other people are going to like something "new" I bring. But I left with an empty bowl, and that makes me happy!! :)


Ramen Slaw - This original recipe came from a friend of mine. Props to the Parks family! :)

Ingredients
2 cups of cabbage, chopped [about 1/2 a medium head of cabbage]
1 cup green onion
1 package Ramen Noodles, broken up [just noodles]
1/4 cup Sunflower seed kernels
*Seasoning packet from Ramen Noodles
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbs vinegar
1 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar
2 tbs sugar


1. Chop cabbage & onions. [I used onions I had in the freezer]

2. Mix together cabbage, onion, Ramen, and sunflower seed kernels. 


[Note: If you are making this ahead, mix wet ingredients in separate bowl and add day of. If making it day of, add wet ingredients with dry.]






3. Add *seasoning packet, olive oil, vinegar, balsamic, and sugar. Mix well.


*I doubled ours when I made this, and only used 1 chicken seasoning packet, which was plenty. If you are making 1 batch, I would start by adding 1/2 of the seasoning packet and then taste after it's all mixed well. If you think it needs more, add the other 1/2.


How simple is that? Really easy and super yummy!


ENJOY!!






Also, try different flavored Ramen seasoning, you don't have to just use chicken. :)

2 comments:

  1. wow steph I would have never guessed you could make something great out of Ramen noodles haha, glad everyone liked it, love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would like it mom :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete