-----

-----

June 10, 2014

Winnie is ONE

The day has come and I can't believe it. My little 7 lb baby, is no longer a baby.. and no longer 7 lbs. ;) Our Winnie has grown into the sweetest, smartest, most joyful one year old I know.


This year seems to have flashed before my eyes in a matter of seconds. The days are long but the years are so very short. I remember this day, one year ago, so vividly. Do moms ever forget? One full labor and an emergency c-section later, our beautiful little girl came into the world and stole my heart. [You can read her birth story here]. Winnie is our miracle baby and I am always reminded of God's love for me when I look at her. Though my love for her is but a glimpse of God's love for us, I can only imagine how much more he loves us, because I love that girl more than she knows!

Winnie opening her birthday present this morning

Celebrating Winnie is one of the easiest things I could do. We celebrated Winnie's first birthday this past Saturday with friends and family that have loved our girl so well. She enjoyed having her little buddies over, they played and ate and danced and we all laughed. Win was not a fan of her smash cake. She pretty much hated having all that icing on her hands and started crying, which cracked us all up. Win loved the donuts though. She would go back and forth between a few people begging to have a piece of their donuts. So much sugar! [Speaking of that, it took her an hour after being laid down in bed to fall asleep, she just paced back and forth in her crib. Hilarious!] She was showered with tons of great toys and clothes and lots of books. Birthdays are so fun!!


Winnie's smile and laugh are so contiguous <3 <3 <3

Age: ONE!!!
Stats: 20.4 lbs and 30.5 inches tall
Favorite Foods: Winnie will eat ANYTHING! But I'd say her "favorite" is pretty much any fruit.
Favorite Words: "Mama", "Dada", "Doh" [Dog], and "Nuh" [Which I think is "no" but when she says "nuh" I say other words like: Banana, Nana, and Night night to try and trick her so she doesn't say no. Good luck right?
Favorite Toy: Winnie loves her xylophone and anything that makes noise. She also loves anything that she can push through out the house, wheels or no wheels.
Favorite Activity: Playing "I'm gonna get you" from behind the couch.. she laughs and laughs and laughs. I will never tire from playing that with her. She also loves to look out the bay window and sit on the vent underneath it. That is one of her favorite spots in the house. (Which we just turned into a baby window seat so now I'll have to teach her to climb and sit and look out the window from there).
Signature Moves: Other than walking, I'd say her dance moves. They are something else. She spins in circles and head bangs and claps her hands and shimmies. It's so much fun to watch!!
Nicknames: Win, Little Lady, honey bear, baby, my flower, my little bunny, and sweetie.
Sweet Moments: Winnie loves to be around me and I am soaking that up. She will literally sit on the back of my legs/heels while I'm at the sink or stove. She brings her toys and doesn't leave my side. It's precious! Some other sweet moments as of recently is how much she's starting to hug and give kisses. She gave Taylor a huge hug the other night and it made him melt. I can't get enough.
Mom & Dads Proudest Moment: This year has been full of proud moments, we can't just pick one. But we'd both have to say we are pretty proud of how fast she learns. She is a good listener and very quick learner. It has made teaching her things so much fun.
Other Milestones: We'll probably start thinking about weaning soon... I'm not ready.... not.ready.at.all.

Here are some pictures from her birthday party.






Art credit: Jeni Kubicek 













Mommy and daddy love you so much!!! 
Happiest of birthdays to you Winnie!!










1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blog! We are so happy and blessed that we were able to be there to celebrate Winnie's 1st birthday. Her party was perfect! Miss her already and can't wait to see you all again in July. We love you so very much! XOXO Grandma & Bumpa

    ReplyDelete