-----

-----

May 31, 2013

Pumpkin baby

This week started off amazing! Date day on Monday with Taylor was awesome. We saw Iron Man 3, had chick-fil-a, went strawberry picking, had a funnel cake(!!!) Seriously I craved funnel cake around 3 months and finally got it!!!!!, went to South Park mall, and finished off the day with Mexican dinner which I will be saying bye bye to until Winnie is here-- had horrible heartburn afterwards. 

The rest of the week has been semi-normal. Getting the house in order has been the theme. I haven't been sleeping too much through the night, thinking a lot about house stuff, baby stuff, and labor. Gah, labor. If I told you this week was peaceful and non-emotional when thinking about child birth I'd be lying to you. It has been freaking me out actually. But thankfully, GOD, who has planned Winnie's birth before the world began has a perfect plan. I am thankful for God who has brought peace to my soul many times and continues to lead me in peace. Romans 8:26 "Likewise, the Spirit helps us in our weakness." 



Winifred is now around the size of a pumpkin.  And it sure does look like I put a pumpkin under my shirt. I feel like I've popped and could pop any day now. At today's follow up her heartbeat was 145, she is fully effaced and I am measuring at 3cm dilated!! D-day is right around the corner. Can you believe it??

Winnie is still a moving machine. With her morning stretches and late night dance parties, you'd think she never wanted to leave my belly. I continue to lean on what my Dr said at last weeks visit, "We always win. She's coming out one way or another." haha. Hopefully VERY SOON and on her own!!

How far along: end of 38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 21 lbs
Maternity clothes: Yes
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: Between being completely anxious to meet my girl and wondering how and when I'll go into labor and having heartburn this past week... sleep hasn't been happening. But when I do get a few hours in, it's amazing!
Best moment this week: My date with Taylor, my follow up appointment, and getting our new sectional!!
Miss anything: Moving from side to side in bed without it hurting and sleeping on my back.
Movement: Like I said earlier, homegirl has moves! It's mostly her lower half stretching out or moving around up by my rib area but not in my ribs anymore praise Jesus!!!! or sometimes she'll move her head and wow, that becomes too much on my bladder.
Food cravings: Watermelon all.day.long., peach tea, and anything cold.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Heartburn did one night this week.. didn't get sick, but felt horrible.
Have you started to show yet: Taylor says I ate a black watermelon seed and it grew!
Gender: Girl!!!
Labor Signs: Cramp-like contractions here and there - nothing painful just takes me by surprise when it happens. Lightening. Nausea. Nesting.
Symptoms: HORMONES! Emotions have hit their peak this week. Good thing she's due any day cuz it's a little much. Swollen ankles by the end of the day, heartburn, nesting all i want to do is dust base boards, who am i?
Belly button in or out: Out
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I can't lie..... I have been moody this week. Off and on for the past few weeks, but a lot this week. And super super emotional. But then so happy at the same time. Which is it ??? I am asking myself the same question these days. No one warned me how emotional you'd be during the last few weeks of pregnancy. 
Looking forward to: Winnie <3 

Pictures from our date :)

Lunch @ CFA 
Strawberry fields forever



They were delicious! 
Like a child in a candy store.... I was SO excited! 
Look at that belly... I'm gonna miss it!
Dating him is my favorite :)
Both of these are mine.... by the time I thought
to snap a picture of this lovely beverage
Taylor was done with his. haha.

4 comments:

  1. Haha- LOVE your pictures!! So glad you got your day date, funnel cake and peach tea :). Now onto baby!! Yippeee! We are covering you in prayer! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful Stephanie and I'm sure you and Tay are very ready for Winnie to make her entrance!So glad you both enjoyed some "date" time and don't worry about your emotions and mood swings, that's normal! We anxiously await the call that you're in labor, remember we need 10hrs notice so call us immediately and plan your labor accordingly so we can be there for her birth! I'm guessing the 8th! Love you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you, mom! And if labor were that easy I would have it already scheduled ;) but, we will call you as soon as I go into labor. Trust me!!!! Love you!!

      Delete