-----

-----

March 9, 2012

Yarn Wreath

What to do with all those leftover wedding flowers and pearls??? Problem solved! I ordered some wreaths, bought some yarn, and pulled out all my old wedding flowers. This project has been sitting in our living room staring at me for the past few weeks now. I must say, I am glad it is finished because I absolutely adore my wreath!! :)

Here is what you'll need:


A wreath [any size]
Yarn [Your desired color]
Flowers
Pearls
Scissors
Hot glue






1. First, tie the yarn in a double knot around the  wreath. 
2. Second, begin tightly wrapping the yarn around the wreath. Be sure to cover over the tiny piece sticking out from the knot. 

Here, I ran out of yarn. So I did a tiny strip of hot glue and placed the end of that yarn carefully down. Then, adding another strip of hot glue right next to that ending, I put the beginning of a new bit of yarn. [I had to do this a few times]




Almost there! 




After a few episodes of Cake Boss, it is all wrapped!! :-D

Be patient with it all, it takes time. :)


3. Decide where you want to lay out your flowers and begin to hot glue them down.

Have fun with it!!! 




4. After I got my "main" flowers down. I worked on the extra decorations.

[This took the longest because I knew what I wanted, I just had to figure out how to execute it]


5. I decided to then use these pearl push pins to create the letter "B" in honor of our last name!! :)

I just LOVE it!! 


6. Then I went crazy with the push pins and added a bunch at the top right of the wreath.

You can also see I added more flowers, leaves, baby's breath, and more [bigger] pearls to the bunch. 


Ta-Da! 

7. With placing the ribbon for hanging, I simply tied a knot at the top and put 3 push pins in [2 in the front, 1 in the back] to keep it steady. I tucked the knot under the ribbon once it was hung up, so it wasn't all hanging out. 

I think it looks cute. :)





One more [brighter] inside picture. 



Hurray!! 

All hung :) and the husband likes it too! 



The aftermath.... ha! 

1 comment: