-----

-----

March 21, 2012

Chicken Cacciatore

I am all about making cooking in the kitchen quick & simple during this season. I go to work at 2 in the afternoon and usually don't get home until 6:30, right around the same time Taylor gets home. So, eating dinner at a reasonable time is, well... unlikely! It usually happens around 7 or later. This brings me to my crock pot. I love my crock pot! My lovely sister gave me a beautiful blue one that gets a lot of attention. :) [If you don't have a crock pot, no worries, you can cook this on the stove too]. This chicken cacciatore meal is super simple! A big thank you to my MIL, Gisele, for the recipe. 

Chicken Cacciatore 

You will need:
1 Garlic Rotisserie Chicken [already cooked]
1/2 cup or so of Red Cooking Wine
2 Jars of Garlic & Onion Spaghetti sauce
Spaghetti Pasta [or your choice of pasta]
Parmesan Cheese

[Now, you don't have to use that flavor rotisserie chicken or spaghetti sauce, that is just what I use].


1. Empty Spaghetti sauce into crock pot.

2. Pour some wine into each jar, swish around to clean out the jar and pour into sauce.

3. Cut or shred chicken into bite size pieces, add to sauce.


4. I cook ours on low for a few hours, though you don't need too. 

5. Before serving, cook pasta. Follow directions on the box.

6. Plate your food then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with your choice of greens! ;)
Enjoy!! 


3 comments:

  1. Yum... I haven't made that in a while. I will have to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna make this soon! I'll make it with GF noodles though...Steph do you mind if I share the recipe on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so good!! and also yummy as leftovers, which says a lot from me. ;) you can definitely post this on your blog!! have fun!

    ReplyDelete