-----

-----

March 23, 2012

Broccoli Casserole

Our meatless meal this week was a Broccoli Casserole dish. I have to confess though, I was seriously nervous on how this was going to turn out and already had Chinese take out planned for when it didn't taste good. . . . But! It was delicious :) and the husband loved it! [He liked it so much he went back for seconds & decided he wanted it for lunch the next day]! Surprise to me! I honestly just got nervous because it was a new recipe and well... you never know until you try it. Right? I was so happy it turned out well and we both really liked it. *Thank you Lord!*

You will need:

2 packages [10 oz] frozen broccoli spears
1 can [10.5 oz] cream of celery soup
1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, separated
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1 cup [or a few handfuls ;) ] potato chips











1. Grease your crock pot. Add the broccoli, celery soup, 1 cup cheese, & onions. Mix lightly.






2. Crush a handful of chips on top.


3. Cover & cook on Low 5 to 6 hours or on High 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

4. Once it's cooked, take another handful of chips and crush over top & add rest of cheese. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.

5. Serve & Enjoy!!

My apologies, I forgot to take a finished picture. It turned out really well. I added a little bit of pepper once it was in the bowl. You won't need any salt, the chips and soup has enough.

This made a great meal, but would also make a great side dish. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment