-----

-----

March 30, 2012

Buttermilk Biscuits

We love carbs! I'll admit it. . .  Taylor is a huge bread guy and now biscuit guy, so that makes me a baker! ;)

I typically don't eat breakfast unless it's made for me. Sound ridiculous? It probably is, but mornings aren't the easiest time for me to eat, it really takes work. [haha, few will understand]. So, in making these biscuits I was hoping it would be something quick and easy to warm up and eat in the mornings, with a nice hot cup of coffee [Mmmmm!]. These biscuits were so extremely simple and fun to make. It's delicious with any dinner meal, and for breakfast, just add a little jam! :)

Buttermilk Biscuits - adapted from Fearless Homemaker


You will need:

1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 cup cold butter
1/2 cup buttermilk
3-4 tablespoons butter, melted, for brushing the tops of the biscuits


1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2. Combine flour, salt, & baking powder in a mixing bowl. You can use a food processor if you don't have a mixing bowl.



3. Add butter, in pieces, and mix well. [see picture]


4. Using a spatula, slowly add buttermilk. Stir until it turns into dough.


5. On a floured surface, knead dough. *FOUR TIMES* This is what is recommended, so I'd follow the rules. Only knead the dough 4 times.



6. Roll the dough out and using a round cutter or small cup, mold out the biscuits. Place them on wax paper on a baking sheet.




With melted butter, brush tops of biscuits.

Bake 10-15 minutes.




Num num num!!






ENJOY!










Pssssssst! With Easter just around the corner, I will be making my Grandma's Pound Cake, you will want the recipe, so keep an eye out!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment