-----

-----

October 3, 2012

Apple Chips

I have never had apple chips before, but man, am I glad I made these. They are so yummy! And very easy to eat all of them in one sitting. ;) We ate them plain and also topped an apple crisp I made with them. So so good!

Apple Chips - Adapted from Live Love Pasta

Ingredients

2-4 apples, thinly sliced [middle cut out if desired]
Cinnamon*  
Brown Sugar*

*The measurements for the cinnamon and brown sugar may vary depending on how many apples. I'd say, for every 2 tablespoons of brown sugar use 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon. Or taste it and change it up to your liking. It's easy and you can't mess this up. :)

1. On a large baking sheet, spray the sheet and place parchment paper or aluminum on top, spray again. [I learned my lesson with this my first round of apple chips. I'd recommend aluminum].

2. Slice apples thin. Cut out center of each slice, if desired.

3. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in small bowl.

4. One at a time, put apple slice in bowl, coating both sides. Place on baking sheet.

5. Bake at 225 degrees for 2 hours. FLIP apple slices after 1 hour. Continue baking. Once 2 hours is done, let cool completely.

Enjoy!!





[recipe on the Apple Crisp coming soon!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment