-----

-----

February 6, 2013

A Cheerful Hope

While praying this morning the Lord lead me to read and consider His faithfulness. It isn't hard to see or find God's faithfulness, just open the Bible. He is a good God, a kind God, a compassionate God. So tender and patient. This morning was very sweet. And the verses I read have brought me so much peace. I hope you find peace in them too. 

"Only thy restless heart keep still, and wait in cheerful hope; content to take whate'er His gracious will, His all-discerning love hath sent; Nor doubt our inmost wants are known to Him who chose us for His own." - Georg Neumarck 

Here are some verses that spoke to me this morning on God's faithfulness:

Lamentations 3:21-24
"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'therefore I will hope in him.'"

1 Corinthians 10:13a
"God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability... "

2 Thessalonians 3:3
"But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one." 

2 Timothy 2:13
"If we are faithless, he remains faithful." 

Psalm 91:11
"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."

Psalm 92:1-2
"It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to your name, O Most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning, and your faithfulness by night." 

Sing praise to His name! 
"Great Is Thy Faithfulness"

"O God my Father,
Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided-
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!"

2 comments: