-----

-----

March 14, 2013

Ruta-baby

Happy last week of my 2nd trimester! So long energy, it's been real.

Winifred keeps a smile on my face all day long. One of my favorite moments is looking at her picture on the fridge. It gets me every time. Seeing those sonogram pictures of her snuggled up in mommy makes me melt.

At the end of last week and this week I have experienced more lower back pain than usual and some tightening spots in my belly. Braxton Hicks??

Stretching out in Flow class has become a little more challenging... gravity is starting to take over and though balancing isn't the issue, holding positions for longer periods of time is getting harder. I'll keep going to class for now, but who knows how long it will last.

Taylor and I watched a natural birth video this past week. I just kept saying "oh my gosh, oh my gosh oh my gosh" haha! It wasn't of a real person, just a computer showing from the side, how the hips turn and the cervix opens when dilated. It really is amazing, but kind of freaked me out. I also watched a live video of getting an epidural.... why do I do this to myself? It's about that time for me to really think hard on how I'd like to deliver Miss Winnie. We shall see.

My mom is my hero! She had all 3 of us natural, and told me a few weeks ago she was in labor with my sister for 3 days!!!! Yes, 3 days! YIKES. Christina, hug mom! 





Winifred is the size of a rutabaga, around 13.6 - 14.8 inches and 1.5 - 2.5 pounds. Her tiny brain is now showing brain activity and continuing to develop. She is able to practice inhaling and exhaling, not air, but amniotic fluid, preparing her for life outside of mommy.

How far along: 27 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 12 lbs
Maternity clothes: Yes, and enjoying them!
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: Sleep is going well. Turning from side to side tends to bring pressure and pain, but once I'm situated I am usually knocked out.
Best moment this week: Having time at home with Taylor, enjoying our time just the 2 of us. It's been fantastic having free nights. :)
Miss anything: Nothing really.
Movement: She moves and flips and I can't tell what hard part is her head or her bum. haha. I am feeling her more on both sides of my belly too!
Food cravings: Chick-fil-a lemonade all.day.long. Also, I've craved chocolate milk for a while now, but I won't drink it cuz I just know it will make me gag. So I've been eating cheese and ice cream to fix the dairy craving.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No :)
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: Girl!!!
Labor Signs: None
Symptoms: Lower back pain and Braxton Hicks.
Belly button in or out: In-ish
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY!!!!
Looking forward to: My parents will be here tomorrow(!!), and I made an appointment to do a tour with a pediatrician, I am excited to meet her.



No comments:

Post a Comment