-----

-----

April 24, 2013

Tybee Island & 33 weeks

we LOVED our babymoon!!!

Taylor and I went to Tybee Island, GA this past week for our babymoon. We had such a fun time. We laughed so much I could have sworn I'd have the baby right there. We toured Savannah, GA, on a Trolley ride which was a TON of fun. Going on the Trolley was great because we learned all the about the city and it's history. We also explored Tybee Island's Lighthouse. We walked up the lighthouse- yes even me and Winnie- all 178 stairs!!! I can barley make it up our stairs at our apartment, I was amazed I made it up the lighthouse with no problem.  Sunday afternoon we visited Savannah and enjoyed shopping around town and ice cream at Leopold's [go there!].

Here are a couple photos from our time in Tybee:
Trolley ride with Hollywood = the BEST!
Winnie's first trolley ride :)
Taylor did a beer tasting at Moon River
One of the many squares of Savannah
Forsyth Park, Savannah GA
I love him so much!
I made it all 178 stairs!
Stunning view of Tybee Island from the top.
We also met a neat couple from Canada up there. :)
Our view from the top of the Lighthouse
32 weeks and 6 days
My favorite meal in Savannah @ Fiddlers Crab House
Taylor's favorite meal in Savannah @ Fiddlers Crab House
Mmmmm! I could've sat there all day eating those!!
Windy morning on the beach watching the sunrise.
Taylor keeping me warm and blocking the breeze. <3
Oh and yeah, nice hair right? haha
Our gorgeous view
The weather was nice while we were there, but not laying out weather, which was a bummer, but we made the best of it. :) When we weren't out on the town we were resting. We had such a great time.

Though, Winnie caused me a lot of pain this past week and I am also sick wish a cold, this trip was just what we needed. Taylor and I were able to reconnect and enjoy ourselves without any worries of work or home or moving or painting or anything. Thank you Lord! And did I mention we laughed a lot? Cause we did... a lot! :)

Winnie is now about the size of a durian or about the length of an average pumpkin. She is now keeping her eyes open while she is awake and her pupils are able to adjust to bright and dim light, like ours.

How far along: 33 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 17 lbs
Maternity clothes: Yeah
Stretch marks: None- but I have a road map of veins all over my stomach. It's crazy.
Sleep: Sleep has been good. I am starting to wake up at least once a night to pee again.
Best moment this week: Being with Taylor in GA, laughing and enjoying each other before a baby.
Miss anything: What it feels like to not be sick.... ;)
Movement: She has the hiccups often and moves all day long.
Food cravings: Earlier this week at the beach, Old Bay French fries.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Have you started to show yet: Yes! I've had many people ask how far along I am and if I know what I'm having. :)
Gender: Girl!!!
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks this past week. It was wild, but no pain :)
Symptoms: Sciatica real bad! I had serious leg problems while at the beach. God gave me a lot of grace to make it through each day with the numbness and nerve pain. Also back and rib pain. I think my right ribs are bruised from her tiny feet and knees.
Belly button in or out: Out
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: We move THIS Saturday!!! It's nuts to think we will be sleeping/living/eating/doing life officially in our home this weekend. It's bittersweet saying goodbye to our apartment- our true first home. I'm also looking forward to starting our Birthing class this Thursday. It.is.time.



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time! Seeing your pics of Savannah brings back SO many fun memories! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete