-----

-----

May 2, 2013

Moving [part 2]

Moving day- what.a.day.

    I cannot even begin to express my amazement in God's hand over all of moving day. We started the day with our maternity photo shoot. Whhaaaat???? Are you crazy? A lot of people thought we were... even my husband when I scheduled it for the same day. BUT, it all worked out perfectly.
    Backing up a day or two, the weather called for rain. Rain starting in the morning and lasting until Sunday. The night before, the forecast said rain starting at 10 -the time we scheduled to start our move- and lasting all night. The morning of, it started spitting around 7:50am (pictures at 8). We prayed. We asked God for the rain to hold off for our pictures and for our move. I specifically asked that it would not rain until after the guys have everything in our new house. God heard our prayers and answered them. :) It stopped spitting around 8:05ish and didn't start raining until i think 2 or 3? It may seem small and trivial to you, but that was a big blessing to me!

Moving day- I was blown away by the help. We had around 20-22 people come out to move us. That is what I call church family!! People showed up at 10 and by 11 the apartment was empty. I feel like I blinked and it was all gone. We headed over to the house and the guys had it all in the right rooms by noon. They continued to work hard even after that...

...and now is when I begin to brag a little more on my God and my friends. :)

A guy in our church brought over a moving truck from his dad's company, so we didn't need to rent one. A sweet friend of ours bought lunch and drinks enough for everyone and had it at the house by noon when everyone was ready to eat. Her husband asked where our lawn mower was and stayed later to mow our lawn. Friends continue to come over and stay late in the night to help paint walls. Bill and Gisele have spent hours and hours here helping us get things in order, moving their schedule around to serve us... and helping me to not do too much- Winnie is staying in for a little longer. Thanks Mom G! Our community group set up meals for this week so I don't have to worry about it. Oh and photos the morning of- my dear friend came over at 6:30am to do my hair! And speaking of photos, the photographer was so efficient and so fun and I'm very glad we got to work with her. :)

I have just scratched the surface. God has built my faith in my church and community group so much over the weekend. Why did I doubt? He is faithful, even when we're not- something I have been reminded of a lot over the past year.

Even though the house still doesn't seem like home to me, and if I think too much about our apartment hormones take over and I cry... it is coming together. It is slowly but surely turning into our home. I know this is just the beginning of new memories to come and I can't wait.

I tried to take photos during moving day, but seriously, I picked up my camera and turned to snap a memory and the apartment was empty. You all work fast! :)

Here are a few photos I was able to get of moving day:

This was a few weeks ago, but I had to post it.
Taylor mowing our lawn for the first time!! :)
He did a fantastic job too. 








I know we have said it a ton, but thank you!!! 

What life looks like now (only showing you a few rooms).....

Our living room
My working progress.. haha soon it will look much better!
Look at all those empty boxes :-D
Taylor setting up our dining room table...
... so I can put all of those clean dishes there. 
It's a mess, but it's coming together!! We have goals set and I can't wait to meet them. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment