-----

-----

February 9, 2012

[Vegetable] Broccoli Cheddar Soup

This soup is one of our favorites. I enjoy doing soups, but find I'm not that good at them. [I know you're probably thinking, how can she mess up soups??] Well, what I've found is that I cannot leave all soups on the stove to simmer all day, some will turn into mush. ;) But, this vegetable/broccoli cheddar soup, I haven't messed up :) and it seems to turn out better each time I make it. [Don't know how that happens, but hey, I'll take it]. I first made this in the dead of Winter; cold weather and soups are the best combination. But now, even when it's fairly warm outside, it's still the perfect soup!

Here's what you'll need:

2 tbs butter
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 cup carrot, chopped or julienne [small slices]
1-2 celery, chopped
1tbs garlic, minced
4 cups chicken broth
2 potatoes, peeled & chopped
1 tbs flour
1/2 cup warm water
2/3 cup milk
2 cups chopped broccoli [I go heavy on the broccoli & used 2 large broccoli heads, chopped]
2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese




1. Chop all your veggies.


2. Melt the butter in a large pot, on medium heat.

3. Add the onions, carrots, & celery. Cook until tender.



4. Add the garlic, cook for 2 minutes.


5. Add the chicken broth & potatoes. Bring to a boil & cook until the potatoes are tender.

6. Mix the flour with the water, then add. Let the soup simmer until thickened.


7. Add the milk & broccoli, cook until broccoli is tender.

8. Stir in the cheese, allow it to melt.





Enjoy :)

1 comment: