-----

-----

February 15, 2012

What we didn't expect...

Friday's surgery went well. I didn't say anything stupid, which was all I was concerned about. ;) I left and was still heavy on the drugs they used on me, so I slept most of the day and night away.
Saturday came, I felt great. So I was up talking, then resting, etc. I was on schedule with taking my meds as directed. I didn't miss a beat.
Sunday rolled around and I started to feel the pain a little more. Taylor [graciously] made me rest and not move the entire day. It was rough, and I could feel my body turning against me. I went to bed early, probably 8:30 or 9 that night, and woke up around 3am, with a migraine, hurrying for my medicine. Once I took the nausea and pain med, I was knocked out cold. Taylor kissed me goodbye that next morning [Monday] and I woke up around 10:30. It was awful!
My migraine had worsened and I could barley move. After a few hours passed, and I got sick [the first time], I called Taylor to come home. Taylor finally got home and I got sick again [number 2]. My lips were completely chapped .... I was dehydrated. And the medicine I was taking for both nausea and pain, was not working. [I found out later, that a side effect of the nausea medicine IS in fact, nausea... what?!] Taylor got me to drink a lot of water. How I lasted through the night, I don't know?! By this point, Taylor has asked many of you to pray for me. It was needed! And it was felt!
Tuesday was here, I was hurting bad. [Happy Valentine's Day] My jaw was throbbing and the migraine wouldn't leave. Taylor, being the amazing husband he is, decided to shower me with readings from scripture. Here is what he read me:


Revelation 21: 1-8

1 Then I saw (A)a new heaven and a new earth, for (B)the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2 And I saw (C)the holy city, (D)new Jerusalem, (E)coming down out of heaven from God, (F)prepared (G)as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, (H)the dwelling place[a] of God is with man. He will (I)dwell with them, and they will be his people,[b] and God himself will be with them as their God.[c] 4 (J)He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and (K)death shall be no more, (L)neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

 5 And (M)he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I (N)am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for (O)these words are trustworthy and true.” 6And he said to me, (P)“It is done! (Q)I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. (R)To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. 7 (S)The one who conquers will have this heritage, and (T)I will be his God and (U)he will be my son. 8 (V)But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, (W)their portion will be in (X)the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is (Y)the second death.”



Matthew 6: 25-34
    25 (A)“Therefore I tell you, (B)do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 (C)Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. (D)Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his (E)span of life?[a] 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, (F)even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, (G)O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’32 For (H)the Gentiles seek after all these things, and (I)your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But (J)seek first (K)the kingdom of God and his righteousness, (L)and all these things will be added to you.   34 (M)“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.


Matthew 7: 7-11
    7 (A)“Ask, (B)and it will be given to you; (C)seek, and you will find; (D)knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or which one of you, if his son asks him for (E)bread, will give him (F)a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If you then, (G)who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will (H)your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!



Matthew 8: 1-4
 1 When he came down from the mountain, (A)great crowds followed him. 2 (B)And behold, a leper[a] came to him and (C)knelt before him, saying, “Lord, if you will, you can make me clean.” 3 And Jesus[b] stretched out his hand and touched him, saying, “I will; be clean.” And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. 4 And Jesus said to him,(D)“See that you say nothing to anyone, but go, (E)show yourself to the priest and(F)offer the gift that Moses commanded, (G)for a proof to them.”



Matthew 8: 14-17
 14 (A)And when Jesus entered Peter's house, he saw (B)his mother-in-law lying sick with a fever. 15 He (C)touched her hand, and the fever left her, and she rose and began to serve him. 16 That evening they brought to him many who were (D)oppressed by demons, and he cast out the spirits (E)with a word and healed all who were sick. 17(F)This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah: (G)“He took our illnesses and bore our diseases.”



Matthew 9: 18-34
 18 (A)While he was saying these things to them, behold, a ruler came in and (B)knelt before him, saying, “My daughter has just died, but come and lay your hand on her, and she will live.” 19 And Jesus rose and followed him, with his disciples. 20 And behold, a woman (C)who had suffered from a discharge of blood for twelve years came up behind him and touched (D)the fringe of his garment, 21 for she said to herself, “If I only touch his garment, I will be made well.” 22 Jesus turned, and seeing her he said,(E)“Take heart, daughter; your faith has made you well.” (F)And instantly[a] the woman was made well. 23 And when Jesus came to the ruler's house and saw (G)the flute players and the crowd making a commotion, 24 he said, “Go away, for (H)the girl is not dead but (I)sleeping.” And they laughed at him. 25 But (J)when the crowd had been put outside, he went in and (K)took her by the hand, and the girl arose. 26 And the report of this went through all that district.
Jesus Heals Two Blind Men
 27 (L)And as Jesus passed on from there, two blind men followed him, crying aloud, “Have mercy on us, (M)Son of David.” 28 When he entered the house, the blind men came to him, and Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to him, “Yes, Lord.” 29 (N)Then he touched their eyes, saying, (O)“According to your faith be it done to you.” 30 And their eyes were opened. And Jesus sternly warned them, (P)“See that no one knows about it.” 31 (Q)But they went away and spread his fame through all that district.
Jesus Heals a Man Unable to Speak
 32 As they were going away, behold, a (R)demon-oppressed man who was mute(S)was brought to him. 33 And when the demon had been cast out, the mute man spoke. And the crowds (T)marveled, saying, “Never was anything like this seen in Israel.” 34 But the Pharisees said, “He casts out demons by the prince of demons.”




Matthew 11: 25-30
 25 (A)At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, (B)Lord of heaven and earth, that (C)you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and (D)revealed them to little children; 26 yes, Father, for such was your (E)gracious will.[a] 27 (F)All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son(G)except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone (H)to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. 28 (I)Come to (J)me, all who labor and are(K)heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and (L)learn from me, for I am (M)gentle and lowly in heart, and (N)you will find rest for your souls. 30 For(O)my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”




Isn't that all so wonderful! Jesus is able!! That brought me much comfort and joy! But after he was done reading to me, we decided to call the Dr. and get an appointment with him that afternoon.  We took the first available. I was able to get myself up and ready, which was a wonderful first step to recovery! On the way to the appointment I read through the side effects of both the meds I was taking from surgery, and I had every [I mean double check some of them- every] side effect listed, for both meds. So I explained what all happened to the nurse & Dr. [which he rocks- I highly recommend him]. He looked at my mouth, flushed the bottom right out [OUCH!] and then decided to put a pack in the wound. He said that my wound was very raw and had some exposed bone. :-/ So he put the antibiotic pack in the wound and gave me more medicine. *I am truly thankful to God for the grace he gives us through medicine!*  The antibiotic is a preemptive against dry socket. So, I left encouraged, and by that point my migraine was gone. *Thank you Lord* 

So for now, I am slowly eating my way back to normal and taking meds as prescribed. We certainly didn't see this coming. Although, I should have known because the previous wisdom tooth removal I had went a little something like this too. All this to say, I don't do surgery very well! ;) But, I am on the mend! And I am so thankful for all of you who prayed for me. And so thankful for those who made meals, delivered movies, gave flowers. Everything was so comforting!

In all of this GOD still remained the same, FAITHFUL! And I am blessed with an amazingly selfless husband who didn't stop once this weekend, but kept pushing forward to help me get better! He deserves an award! :)

Love you all!
Steph

1 comment: