-----

-----

February 22, 2012

Eating Fish

All my life I have hated fish! I mean never ever wanted to try it all my life - hated! With the exception of Crab [Mmmmm] & Shrimp. [I grew up eating crab all.the.time]. A few years ago, while staying with a friend, I tried Tilapia for the first time. I didn't want to be rude, and plus, she said if I didn't like it I could eat something else. I tried it, and liked it! Go figure ;)

So now, I will eat Crab, Shrimp, & Tilapia. That's it! I tried Salmon... not for me. It is now 8 months into our marriage and we have had tilapia twice! We had it the first or second month and then again recently. I enjoyed it! [With enough old bay, it sort of tastes like crab- that's my secret!!]

With being so picky on eating tilapia, it has to be cooked a certain way. Here's how we do it. :)

You will need:
Tilapia [I make 3- 1 for each of us at dinner and 1 for Tay's lunch the next day]
3 tbs butter
1 green pepper
Sea salt
Red pepper flakes
Old Bay :-D




1. Preheat your oven to 375 degree.

2. Tear pieces of aluminum foil to hold each fish.

3. Place about 1 tbs of butter on each piece of aluminum foil.





4. Cut the green pepper into slices. Then place the tilapia on top of the butter and cover with your green pepper.

5. Sprinkle a tiny bit of sea salt, red pepper flakes, and old bay to season. [Be careful not to over season, a little bit goes a long way with this meal].


6. Fold the edges of the aluminum foil up around the fish, place in the oven. Bake for about 8-12 minutes, or until the fish is white and easy to pull apart with a fork.


7. Enjoy!! 


[ Add more Old Bay if your like me ;) ]

2 comments:

  1. wow, you like fish now! I have a recipe that Dad and I love that you will need to try. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, only tilapia! i'd love to try your recipe! love you, mom!

    ReplyDelete