-----

-----

February 18, 2012

What girl doesn't love chocolate?

Having limits to what I can and cannot eat this past week has me craving everything! I wanted something chocolate and something new... something different. :) I came across this lady's blog while searching other recipes and saw a picture of a Molten Chocolate Lava Cake. After looking at about 6 different recipes for this I decided to try hers out. It was a hit! Plus, it was super super easy!

[I thought I'd show you a picture before... make your mouth water yet??] 

In all the fuss, I forgot to take a picture of the ingredients. Sorry!

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake

Here's what you'll need:

4 cubes [4oz] semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup butter [1 stick]
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
6 tablespoons flour

1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Grease 4 custard cups really well. You want these cakes to just plop out onto a plate once they're done baking.




3. In a medium bowl, add 1/2 cup butter & 4 cubes semi-sweet chocolate.


Microwave for 1 minute. Stir until the chocolate is melted & incorporated into the butter.

4. Add powdered sugar, stir well.

5. Add 2 eggs & 2 egg yolks, stir until incorporated.

6. Add cinnamon & flour, stir well.


7. Evenly distribute the batter to the 4 cups.
8. Bake for 13-14 minutes, then remove & let stand for about 1 minute.

9. Carefully place the custard cup on a square heat pad, then put a plate upside-down on top of the custard cup, & flip. It should come out easily, if you greased them well. [*Pick the cup up quickly and carefully, it's still hot!*]



10. Top with powdered sugar, whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or whatever you choose. 





Enjoy!!!






*I used cinnamon. You can also try vanilla or almond extract, espresso coffee, instant coffee, or Nutella. It'd be a fun recipe to experiment on :) I'd love to her what you try!! :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked my recipe! :) I understand food limits all too well. I'm two months post jaw surgery and I am still on a soft chew diet. I crave EVERYTHING crunchy. :)

    Be Blessed!

    Ashley @ CenterCutCook

    ReplyDelete