-----

-----

September 3, 2014

Winnie update. . .

My little sunshine girl is doing great. Growing faster than ever and keeping me constantly on my toes.
can't get enough!!!
climbed up there on her own and then tried to stand up...
Winnie loves Burt's Bees chapstick, wearing my heels and bracelets, and has all of a sudden wanted to wear her headbands, which makes this mama so happy! She also has this new fascination with light switches and turning them off and on. She in even more of a climber than before, is that possible? She loves being outside, playing with our neighbor's soccer ball, coloring with chalk, swimming in the kiddie pool, and swinging in her swing. I'm thankful that she is a good mix of playing outside and getting dirty, and being girly by trying on all my jewelry and shoes.
always has her glasses on :)
Winnie doesn't understand that there is a baby in my belly. We started practicing "baby" with her this week. Trying to prepare her for when her brother arrives, I hold a baby doll and try to teach her what it will be like when boy Brown is here. She kisses the baby and gives it hugs but then picks it up by it's hair. It's hilarious and we're still working on it. When we do airplane and mama "flies" on Winnie's feet (one of our favorite things to do), I sometimes tell her boy Brown is flying too. I don't want her to be too jealous when her brother arrives. Either way, I know she is going to be the best big sister!! I'm excited for her.
hugging baby 
We've officially stopped nursing. Winnie pretty much stopped herself, which made me happy. It was time. She is also starting to transition herself to one nap a day. I wish she wouldn't. That has been one of our bigger challenges these past few weeks. One major reason why I haven't blogged in a while. But, I am working with her and we are figuring it out. Every day is different, sometimes she'll sleep for 2 hours in the morning and that's it. Other days she'll miss her morning nap and sleep 1-3 hours in the afternoon. I prefer the afternoon schedule, it is better for all of us in the long haul, it's just getting the consistency of that schedule down is hard work. The struggle is figuring out play time for the entire morning... and when does she eat lunch? do we change up bottle time? when do I do my chores? when do I sit down and have my quiet time? I am not waking up at 5 in the morning to read.. All the questions that I'm trying to figure out. Experienced moms, what do you find most helpful?
stacking blocks

can't get enough of her smile!! 
With all these changes going on with Winnie, I must say I have been extremely impressed with her cheerful attitude. Though we have had a few hard moments with a tantrum and some sin coming out. We are enjoying this time with her so much and learning a ton!

Age: 15 months old (in 7 days)
Weight & height: 22 lbs
Favorite book: Hello New York & Goodnight Moon
Favorite toy: Blocks, her tunnel, baby doll & stroller, books/flash cards, and anything that makes noise: drum, xylophone or piano.

Favorite animal: Doggie and Monkey. She is pretty good at making monkey sounds.
Personality: Independent, extremely observant & smart, and very silly. She is always making us laugh.
Loves: Playing outside. Lately I've been staying in because it's so hot, but when she gets the chance to go out it's tough bringing her back in. Running around the entire downstairs, we took away all the gates and she's loving her new found freedom. Bath time. She has so much fun splashing and kicking her feet making everything outside of the tub extremely wet. She also started rolling onto her back and putting her ears in the water while making loud noises. It is hilarious because she cracks up the entire time she does it. We love it. :)
Words: "mama", "dada", "Bumpa", "nana" (banana), "hi" and different sounds for Pop pop, Monkey, and Doggie. She talks a ton!! Such a girl ;)
Foods: She is a pretty good eater. She loves spicy foods (especially jalapeño chicken sausage), spaghetti, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, kiwi... pretty much any fruit, and cheese.

watching the Panthers with Dada
We emptied out one side of the yellow dresser for her. She hides toys inside and has tried to shut herself in, unsuccessfully, which resulted in her getting frustrated. It was pretty funny. I'm glad she doesn't fit. ;)


drums with Dada
i love her playful heart! 


Bump update coming soon.. until then happy Wednesday!!


1 comment:

  1. thanks for blogging...love you all and especially miss sweet Winnie...love the pictures and she looks so cute in her Delaware shirt...one nap now is good and appropriate, let her play on her own while you get small chores like the dishes done and what doesn't get done doesn't matter... lunch then a 2 hour nap (your chore, self and quiet time) this is what always works best... then she'll be ready for dinner, play alittle, bath, and bed by 7:30ish and she'll sleep all night :) This is a good time to get her on a schedule before her brother arrives. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete