-----

-----

November 7, 2014

Single Digits




Yesterday marked 31 weeks, which means there are only 9 weeks left... technically, since I'm scheduled for January 5th, only 8 weeks and 3 days, but who's counting????

To say I'm excited and ready is an understatement. I truly don't think there is enough room inside for Darren because he is constantly pushing out on all sides of my stomach. All.day.long. When I'm doing the dishes, grocery shopping, sitting, playing with Winnie, or trying to sleep. We are going to have one active little boy on our hands.

Darren is said to be the size of a pineapple, about 16 inches and 3+ lbs. He is going through major brain and nerve development and his eyes are also developing more this week. His irises can now dilate and react to light. All five of his sense are in working order too. AWESOME!!!

How far along: 31 weeks
Gender: Boy 
Weight gain: 24 lbs
Maternity clothes: Typically I'm in maternity clothes if I'm going somewhere, otherwise I'm in sweats or workout pants and t-shirts.
Sleep: This week has been good!!
Best moment this week: Date night with Taylor was a blast, laughing and shopping for Christmas and just being together. He's my favorite!! Also, my mom will be here tonight for the weekend!!!! Can't wait!
Miss anything: Being more active with Winnie, energy, and walking up stairs without losing my breath. ;)
Movement: He parties all day!
Cravings: Avocado egg rolls, hot chocolate, and Thanksgiving dinner has been on my mind.
Queasy or sick: Nope
Labor signs: Some pretty consistent lower abdomen pain, not sure if it's Braxton Hicks.... it's probably just my squished organs.
Symptoms: Lower abdomen pain, back pain, fatigue, varicose veins in my legs (ugh!), and a little emotional. Thankfully my awesome husband has cared for me and my emotions and fatigue and has blessed me with some restful evenings as he comes home from work and takes over dinner and lets me go rest. *Thank you, Taylor*
Other: Darren had hiccups for the first time that I've felt this week. He didn't seem like a fan because he instantly started moving and stretching all over the place. Poor buddy.
Looking forward to: My mom being in town and my baby shower this weekend!!!

Winnie will be 17 months old on Monday. Our sweet girl is growing up fast!!
my baby <3

Winnie is doing really well these days. Her current favorite songs are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and The Itsy Bitsy Spider. She has a new desire to figure out how buckles work. She will sit in her highchair or carseat or with Taylor's backpack and try to figure out the buckle and how it snaps together. She is still my crazy, fearless climber. She loves light switches and has to turn them all on and off, constantly. Winnie has been drinking her milk from her  sippy cup much better than before. She is talking so much these days and continuing to grow in her vocabulary. And she had her first water coloring project and did such a beautiful job. :) I love my little lady so much!!

playing in Darren's crib
she loves her Coleman
when I pose by the wall for my bump pictures Winnie always stands
right there and cheeses at the camera. it's so precious!
haha i love this!



In the coming days I plan on registering for our hospital stay and I have another baby check up next week. Then we're off to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas with my people!

1 comment:

  1. love the pics, so cute! so excited to be with all of you for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete