-----

-----

April 10, 2012

Beer-can Chicken

I wonder how many people have ever had beer-can chicken?! This meal is a popular one in our household. I mean, we probably had it at least 2 or 3 times a week growing up! [Right mom? ;)] It may seem hard, but it's pretty simple. You just have to have more than 2 hands and someone willing to get down and dirty with a whole chicken.... that excludes me! ;) So, I had my wonderfully brave husband handle the chicken. Cleaning it out, rinsing it, and grilling it. Isn't he great?! I think so!
  So, I dare all of you to try this! But before you take on this sweet challenge, buy this -
Beer not included ;)
You can see ours is well worn :). You can use whatever kind of beer you have in the fridge. Now if you know me, you know I hate beer. The smell... the taste... whatever, you name it. But this(!), it doesn't taste like beer, just has a nice flavoring to it! [Julie, that is for you too dear ;)]

You will also need EVOO and this -
This is the seasoning my family uses. And that is all it takes. Here is the process for you :)

You will need:
1 full chicken
1 beer 
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Weber Kick'n Chicken
Goya Adobo

1. Clean out the chicken goods and rinse very well. 
2. Taylor held the chicken, I poured the EVOO onto it, he rubbed it in. That is why you need 2 people.
3. Same thing as step #2, but pouring seasonings on the chicken, Taylor rubbing it in. [We were heavy on the Kick'n Chicken, light on the Adobo]








i love him!

4. Carefully place the chicken's butt over the beer can.




5. Season some more, not rubbing it in.



6. Cook on the grill for about 1 1/2 hours. 

How to remove the chicken?

Taylor held the pan down while I took 2 forks and carefully lifted it off the beer. Ours slid right off.



7. Make sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly...




and ENJOY!! 

3 comments:

  1. Haha...loved your comments about beer Steph! I HATE it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that would make you laugh. :) You all should try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks great! Yep we usually have it once a week. We usually get the largest chicken we can (usually 6lbs) so we have left overs. We'll boil the carcass and make soup.It's definetely a favorite around here!

      Delete