-----

-----

April 2, 2012

Spring Cleaning Week


Spring Cleaning in a Week

This is my goal because I am on my "spring break." So this week, I have decided to maximize my time and clean clean clean! Luckily, we live in an already pretty clean apartment. And we JUST got our carpets cleaned. But, things like the baseboards and windows, have never been cleaned [I know, that's bad!]. But it will get done this week. :) My tip, don't overwhelm yourself, clean room by room. And if you can, blast some music and make it fun!

You can try this plan by spreading the to-do list out over a 2 week span or longer, to make things a little easier. Especially those who are working, moms, or going to school, or all 3 of those. ;) You're my hero!

I hope you all have a happy week! And a happy Spring cleaning! 

 Also, meals to come are Memere's Macaroni & Cheese, Grandma Jilek's Pound Cake, & my parents Beer-can Chicken. Your mouth watering yet?! ;)

Monday:
·       Laundry [Usual Monday chore]
·       Go through closet and drawers, clearing out Winter clothes. [Remove any clothes you don’t wear or haven’t worn over the past 2-3 months and donate]
·       Reorganize drawers
·       Put Winter clothes in bin, label and put away
·       Organize Summer clothes

Tuesday:
·       Dust [Usual Tuesday chore- maximized]
§  Usual surfaces
§  Cobwebs
§  Ceiling fans & Light fixtures
§  Vacuum vents
§  Dust/Wipe down baseboards
§  Take apart standing floor fan – clean in bathtub of warm water

Wednesday:
·       Bathrooms [Usual Wednesday chore]
§  Clean counters, shower/tub, toilet, floor
§  Wipe down bottom half and back part of toilet

·       Floors
§  Sweep/ Vacuum/ Mop bathrooms floors, kitchen floor and any other hard surface floors
§  Sweep deck & Wipe down railing, chairs, & table


Thursday:
·       Bedding
§  Remove linens, place in the wash
§  *Clean out vacuum/ wipe pole etc. (before using on your bed)
§  Vacuum mattresses

·       Rugs
§  Beat rugs outside
§  Hang over railing to air out

·       Windows
§  Wash each window [If possible, inside & out]

Friday:

Finish whatever didn’t get down during the week. Then CRASH!

** If you have the extra time ;) start going through paper work, kitchen cabinets, bins… de-cluttering and reorganizing the little things. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed Steph! I'm definitely going to tackle this list but I will have to spread it out for sure! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! So far, so good! It is a lot of work. But I know i'll be happy with a nice clean house after! :) Let me know how your spring cleaning goes!

    ReplyDelete