-----

-----

April 17, 2012

Memerè's Homemade Macaroni & Cheese

Memerè is our grandma, Gisele's mom. :) And I recently made her macaroni & cheese recipe, which was a total hit! :) I hope you like it too!

Memerè's Homemade Macaroni & Cheese


Ingredients

2 cups elbow macaroni
2 tbs butter
2 tbs flour
1 1/2 cups milk
2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper


1. Set oven at 375 degrees. Start heating up water for the pasta, cook according to package.

2. In medium pan, on medium-low, melt butter. Mix in flour, salt & pepper.








3. Add milk, stirring constantly until thickened.


You can use bagged shredded cheese or a block. I prefer a big block of cheese. :)
4. Add 1 cup of cheese, stir until it melts. Place on low heat.



5. Make sure pasta is cooked & drained. Place in a lightly sprayed dish. Cover with cheese sauce.




6. Top dish with 1/2 cup cheese & paprika
7. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.



Enjoy!!!






While I was cooking, my sweet love washed our cars! :) What a guy!

1 comment:

  1. It was always our favorite growing up! Paul and I would fight over the cheesy top :) Yum!!

    ReplyDelete