-----

-----

June 5, 2012

Banana Bread or Muffins

The other day I noticed our bananas were going bad. Usually, in that moment, I just put them in the freezer for a smoothie at a later date. But, I had the urge to make muffins, and man am I glad I did! They are so good!! I have to be careful not to eat too much at once. ;)
This originally [All Recipes] Banana Bread recipe turned Banana Muffin recipe is a keeper!

I know it's not the best picture, but you get the idea :)

Here's what you need:
2 cups All-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cup mashed bananas [I used 3 overly ripe bananas]

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your muffin pan [or bread pan].

1. In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. In mixer, cream butter and brown sugar. Stir in beaten eggs and mashed bananas.
3. Stir banana mixture into flour, just to moisten.
4. Spoon batter into pan [Or pour, if making bread, into pan].
5. For muffins, bake 18-20 minutes. For bread, bake 60-65 minutes.

6. Once baked, remove pan and let cool for 10 minutes. Then place on wire rack to finish cooling.

Easy peasy!


Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment