-----

-----

June 20, 2012

Italian Wedding Soup

I've decided to make more soups throughout the month. At least 2 every month which is more than I was doing. This soup is a must make again. It got high reviews from me and the hubs! ;) It was so warm and flavorful and hearty. I really enjoyed making it too because it was simple enough. I had fun looking at different Italian soup recipes to kind of bring 'em together and form an even better taste!

Now you can make your own meatballs, by all means... but not me! I had a meatball incident in the first few months of our marriage where I was making spaghetti & meatballs and well... a slip here and all the meatballs and sauce were everywhere. So, I'm going to stick to buying meatballs already made and cooked. :) Plus that made this meal that much easier!

Italian Wedding Soup


Here's what ya need:
16 oz bag Trader Joe's Turkey Meatballs
2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 large garlic, minced
1/2 small red onion
32 oz Chicken stock
1/4 tsp dried dill
Dash of Italian Medley
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 Tbs white cooking wine, optional
3 oz Spinach
Salt & pepper
Parmesan cheese to top

1. Warm meatballs in oven according to package, halfway.
2. In a large pot on medium heat, saute garlic and onion. Add chicken stock, salt, pepper, dill, Italian Medley, and wine[optional]. Bring to a boil. Stir well.
3. Add meatballs.
4. Beat egg then add to pot. Stir well. Then break egg apart using a fork. [Stir with a fork mixing and break the egg up.]
5. Add cheese. Stir well. Bring to boil.
6. Add spinach, let simmer 1-2 minutes or until spinach is welted.
7. Bowl and top with Parmesan cheese.

Enjoy!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment