-----

-----

June 1, 2012

Homemade Pizza

 
Pizza! It's one of those meals my husband could eat all the time... if I let him ;). This was a fun and different experience. My homemade pizzas in the past usually consisted of the Trader Joe's dough and then adding the goodies on top [which I am perfectly content with]. Well, I decided this time to make homemade dough as well. It was rather fun, and not as difficult as I was expecting. Both pizzas turned out really well. And Taylor and our guest ate a bunch, so that makes me happy. :)

This meal can be a little [or a lot] messy.... so have fun and don't stress over all that flour everywhere. And since it'll probably already going to be messy for you, I think this would be a great meal to make with kids too, fun for everyone! I think I may do that this summer with my little nanny kiddos!  :)

I made one Vegetable Pizza and one Meat Lovers Pizza.

Dough Ingredients
2 cups All-purpose flour
2 Tbs Olive Oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup warm water
2 1/4 tsp yeast [1 Package]
 

Toppings
2 8oz Mozzarella Cheese bags
1 14oz Pizza Sauce jar
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
1/2 red onion
1 zucchini
Pepperoni
leftover half of Chicken breast

Dough Instructions
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.










2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Stir really well. Then use your hands to mix dough thoroughly.

3. Let rest 10 minutes.

4. Clear a big area of the counter, spread flour on counter. Begin kneading dough.










 5. With a rolling pin, roll pizza dough flat.













Then carefully place on pizza pan or stone.










Making the pizza


1. Spoon pizza sauce onto dough. Start in the middle, going in a circular motion, work your way to the outer edge of the pizza.
2. Add cheese.

3. Veggie Pizza- Spread veggies out over pizza.

4. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. [While that bakes, make second pizza]
Ohhh Yeah!
Meat Lovers Pizza - got hubby in the kitchen! :)

1. Repeat steps [above] with dough, sauce & cheese. 

2. Add pepperoni, all over the pie.

3. Spread chicken pieces over top of pepperoni.

4. Bake 425 degrees for 15 minutes.

[like my slice with the onions? haha!]




Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment