-----

-----

June 13, 2012

Mom's Pork Chops


This is my lovely mother :) She rocks!! And I love her cooking. And miss it a lot. So in attempt to get a little home, I made her pork chops. For some reason I remember sitting at the dinner table at a young age with my blue plastic plate and green cup, eating these...

This recipe is so simple to make and pretty healthy, and the husband loved them. I typically ask Taylor to rate the meal if it's new, 1 out of 10, 10 being the best. Well, 10 is steak... ;) But he gave these pork chops an 8! Which means I'm making them again. They were so tender and juicy, so good!






Mom's Pork Chops



Ingredients
4 Bone-in Pork Chops
4 Tbs butter
2 Tbs Season All [or All Spice]
1 Onion, sliced
2 small Garlic, minced
Dash of pepper

1. Put 2 Tbs butter in a large skillet pan, on medium-high. Place pork chops in pan, season top with garlic [mom doesn't usually put garlic in, but I love garlic so I added it] & Season All, let brown.
2. Flip chops, place 1 Tbs butter in center of pan, let chops brown. [You want to make sure there is always butter (or Oil) in the pan, so the pork chops don't burn].
3. Turn chops back to seasoned side up. Add 1 Tbs to center of pan. Add sliced onions, lay on top of pork chops, add dash of pepper on top.
4. Pour 1 cup of water [or more... with my pan I needed 2 1/2 cups] to the pan, making sure to cover onions.

5. Cover pan, set on medium/ medium-low for 1 hour. [You want a simmer/light boil] I covered this pan with aluminum because I don't have a square lid ;) and it worked great! [Thanks to my hubs for that great tip!]
6. Remove and plate with some applesauce.  We also had fresh corn... YUM!


Enjoy!!




2 comments:

  1. glad they turned out good and you enjoyed them. love you and miss you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too!! I'm making them again next month, too! :)

      Delete